Friday, May 22, 2015

More Info about the hearing and Health update

Aloha! We are away for a few weeks. As you know we had to cancel our vacation at the end of summer last year. Harriet is feeling well enough and we are thankful to go to our favorite place.
I was going to tell you about the representative from the DA's office. Well I received an email back from the defense attorney to the question I asked, "Does the DA always cast a negative vote at the probation hearings?" Remember I said that I know its their job, but do they not examine the rehabilitation aspect. So I am going to give you her response to this questions:

"Yes - it is always a battle to Win. The DA opposes 99% of the time.
They are dictated by the DA 's office, DA can't even think for themslevs...they obey the DA office POLICY to DENY.
Sad but true.
Approx. 10-15 years ago... the win rate was around 3%. I use to get about 5% back then ...
Grant rates are still rare...they are at about  25%. There is still a Review unit perios of time. In addition the Governor can reverse the Grant decision.
The Reversal occurs about 20% of the time. This is also MUCH lower with Gov Brown then Gov Schw.... Previous Gov was reversing about 80%.
Let s hope for the best.
Thanks for your assistance. You did a great supportive closing statement."
I have contacted the right people and I am going to get an electronic copy of the hearing. Then I will see about posting the info including my closing statement. I have been giving this thought and I want to make sure that nothing I post, I will regret doing so in the future. You know what they say, once you put the info out on the net, it never goes away.

We are doing well. The weather is ideal. When we come at the end of summer it is probably about 10 degrees hotter. This has been great. Harriet is doing pretty good. It is just nice to relax and enjoy God's Creation.

Sunday Morning Pastor Mike is preaching and it is Pentecost Sunday. It will be excellent and we plan on watching the live streaming. With the three hour time difference that would make it 5:45AM our time. 

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet





No comments:

Post a Comment