Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Last Weekend in June

We had a long meeting with Dr. Bronson who is Harriet's primary physician. He's really a nice guy and he's a Christian. He's actually in charge of the entire place at the VanDerveer Kaiser facility. So we had the meeting with him on Tuesday evening at 6:20 PM.

He went over all the options and he said that he'd discussed with Dr. Chen (the oncologist Dr. Chen) what are the options. Dr. Chen said that they could try the extreme chemo, but it would only postpone the inevitable. Since we know for sure that Harriet could not handle the treatment we have decided not to go that route.

We continue to pray for divine intervention. I will tell you that I went to see Sister Lois who is in Grossmont Hospital on Thursday afternoon. She had fractured her spinal column. I asked her what scripture she would like me to read to her and she said Psalm 73. I would like to quote to you the last few verses:

23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

It is a decision that each one of us must make. Are we going to trust the Lord or not?

I made the decision many decades ago and not only I but Harriet and I will both stand and declare as did Job, "

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." Job 13:15

Thank you for standing with this in love and prayerful support.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet



No comments:

Post a Comment