Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1, 2019 Sat.

We had an unusual amount of rain days in the month of May. Of course we need all the rainwater we can get. On rainy days I cannot go out and fly and do my surf videos so I only did two surf videos in the past month which is really the fewest I've done.

Daniel made his move to Post Falls, Idaho. So far things are going very well. He's really enjoying the outdoorsy/woods experience. Clearly we can have an outdoor experience in Southern California but not like the forests of Idaho. He found a great outdoor archery range where you move from one target to the next using your bow an marrow. He has upgraded from the 25 pound to the 35 pound bow which is the minimum strength of a bow when hunting. I will see if I can get a couple of the pictures and insert them. Here is a picture of Daniel and he shot the antlers off the deer on the practice target range.

Daniel sent me a couple of pictures he was driving around the lake and it was a rainy day about a week and a half ago, this is what it looks like.



Beautiful country and Daniel says that everyone is very open and friendly. When he arrived he signed up with a temp organization to find work. He got a weeks worth of temporary work and then he filled out the application to work at the sawmill. He's been accepted and will start training next week. He will work for approximately a month through the temp agency and then he can transition into working directly for the sawmill.

Money goes a lot further there, than it does here in Southern California. I would say that if you make $15 an hour here, there in Idaho it's the equivalent of making $20 an hour. Because of the lower rents and lower gas costs.

I got a really neat picture from my son Joe and his wife Hilda. Here it is.
All the kids are mine except the little guy in the front row on the left side he is a cousin. That's my son Joe in the back with the sunglasses. What a great sense of humor! I'm so thankful that my son and my daughter Hilda (I hate to say daughter-in-law) are comfortable with their ethnicity. I love my kids and my grandkids they are great! Of course who's grandkids are not great, right? Thank you Joe and Hilda, I love you guys!


Here comes summer! Do you remember that song? 1959 Google it. I guess I am looking forward to the summer because I really enjoy the warmer weather and not having to use the heat. Yes there are days that we have to turn the air conditioner on, but I guess I like that option better. Looking forward to hitting the beach.

I hope you all have a great summer!

Maranatha,
Frank
PS. I love You! Harriet and Joe





No comments:

Post a Comment