Friday, February 13, 2015

Homestretch Is in View

Just a few more days and the last Chemo!!! This is great news and we look forward to it. The actual chemotherapy is not something that Harriet is looking forward to, yet on the other hand is a milestone.  The last treatment.  Our good friends Ron and Virginia will take Harriet down to Kaiser Hospital for the treatment and I will be there in plenty of time before the treatments over to make sure that I can help her walk out of there.  The seventh treatment was a tough one and this one should be even more intense.  Because as Dr. Chen said that your body builds up a saturation point for the chemicals.

Harriet's feet are feeling like lead weights.  From what I understand from other people that this is normal because of the chemotherapy and there is a good probability that the numbness in her feet will go away in time.

You know I repeat this quite often, but I really do mean it, I thank you for your loving prayers and support.  There are so many people that have faithfully kept up with what's going on and united with us in prayer, that I'm overwhelmed in gratitude!

Today Harriet gets her last shot to help stimulate the white blood cell growth.  I ask for the following prayer requests, first that white blood cell count is high enough and second that her blood pressure is high enough when she gets the blood test and also on Monday morning when she checks in for the chemotherapy.  She's lost a lot of weight and on the good news is that she's actually put on a few pounds.  I know the people are not supposed to tell the weight of women, but this is an exception. She's up to 110 pounds and at the lowest point she was 102 pounds.  So this is a good thing and I do thank you for your prayers. 


Saturday morning our church is having a Valentine Days Breakfast and I hope that she'll be up to making it there, because she's my Valentine!  She said she's going to try if at all possible to be there.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet









No comments:

Post a Comment