Saturday, June 18, 2016

6-18-16 Sat

Well I've come to the realization I'm not a cook! Maybe you've figured this out long before I did. I don't know if it's just too late for me to start learning how to do this or not? It seems that occasionally I get something cooked properly, but most of the times not so much. I sure miss Harriet (and her cooking).

Actually I'd love to have her back even if I needed to learn how to cook. It was just one of many things that she did so well.

A friend of mine whose name is John contacted me this past week. I've not seen him for a long time and it was great to reconnect. His 1st wife died of cancer, so we have things in common. It's just interesting how life goes.

Last Sunday we went out for dinner and I talked Samuel into eating the whipped cream off the top of his shake, check out the pics.



I'm taking our grandsons out for an outing this morning. Then this afternoon going over to my friend Dick and Jan's house. Their son died and went home to be with the Lord. They're doing a celebration of life at their home this afternoon. Really great people.

Tomorrow's message will be on suffering and faith, taken from the book of Philippians. What are your 1st thoughts when you are in a situation that you don't want to be in? I think that the majority of people's responses a prayer to God that says, "Lord get me out of here". But is that really how we should handle suffering?

I hope that you'll be able to make it to the house the Lord tomorrow and praise him because he is worthy of all glory and honor and praise!

Maranatha,
Frank



No comments:

Post a Comment