Saturday, July 23, 2016

7-23-16

Thank you for your responses concerning the story about how our family came to the United States. A good friend of mine, David read the blog and had a interesting comment. His wife is from Chile. So of course when he read the blog he made the comment that I would've been a Chilean. Never thought of that. I'm glad to be here in the United States.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I was talking to Daniel and he brought up an interesting fact. Every letter my father wrote to Daniel while he was imprisoned, at the bottom of the letter he would write down how many years that he's lived in the United States and how thankful he was to be here.

Early this past week I decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich. This is really a learning experience. So I started cooking the sandwich on the 1st side. I thought I'll go check the computer and see if there's anything I need to attend to while it's cooking. Bad idea! Ladies, never leave your grilled cheese sandwich cooking while you go and check your computer.
Because when I came out to check on the sandwich it was smoking and you can see from the picture above it was way over cooked. I hate to throw food away, but this was beyond saving. I decided to try again right away and the sandwich came out really good.
Daniel stopped off after work on Thursday and I asked him if he would like me to cook something for him for dinner?  I don't think those words have ever come out of my mouth before. I suggested a grilled cheese sandwich. I really don't keep a whole lot of food around here to cook because, well you can tell I'm not very good. He said yes and because of my experience earlier in the week I was able to cook a perfect real cheese sandwich, one for him and one for me. 

It's almost 4 AM here on Saturday morning. I told my friends that I was going to come down to the beach this morning and do a drive-by. So I need to leave by 4:15 AM. A lot of good friends that I have made over the years.

I hope that you have a really great weekend and don't forget to be in the house of the Lord on Sunday morning.

Maranatha,
Frank





No comments:

Post a Comment