Saturday, July 2, 2016

7-2-16 Sat.

This is the Fourth of July weekend. Looking forward to our service on Sunday morning. We will celebrate Independence Day. Not with fireworks, but with reviewing what the Founding Fathers of our country did. They stepped out on faith to establish a country that has freedom of religion, freedom of speech and the freedom to bear arms among other things.

When you consider the history of the previous couple of thousand years prior to the establishment of the United States of America, you realize that all other countries had monarchs to rule the land. Establishing a new country that was for the people and by the people was a whole new concept.

Most of you know that I was not born in this country. My parents immigrated to the United States after WW2 and we arrived in 1950, I was 3 years old. Were supposed to arrive before Christmas in 1949, but due to childhood illnesses of my brother and myself we were delayed and arrived on February 2, 1950. The most gracious lady that sponsored us to come to United States Mrs. Paula Haas, kept her Christmas tree up so that we could celebrate our 1st Christmas in the United States. I will include a article that was on the front page of the San Diego paper and you'll get a kick out of seeing the picture. The littlest one in the picture is me.

So my parents were always very thankful to be here in the United States. They pass this along to my brother and myself. I never take it for granted.

I hope that you will take time to reflect on the privilege that you have to live in this beautiful country. I'm not unaware of the faults and shortcomings of our country. It still the best place to live on the planet.

I hope that you will take the time to be in the house the Lord tomorrow.

Maranatha,
Frank
Harriet and my engagement Pic, plus Harriet when she was little.












No comments:

Post a Comment