Saturday, July 30, 2016

7-30-16 Sat

Most of you probably heard that pastor Tim LaHaye suffered a major stroke about a week and a half ago and died this past week. This is the man who made a real impact not only in my life but the lives of millions of people. He wrote the Left Behind series of books along with a couple of dozen other books concerning prophecy, marriage and spirit control temperament.

Before I was saved, I remember working in my dad's little upholstering shop and on Saturday mornings pastor Tim LaHaye used to have a question and answer program on the radio. I was forced to listen to it because my dad wanted to hear it. It's interesting how your mental attitude changes from  BC (Before Christ) to after you get saved.

So about a year after I got saved I was looking for a church to go to and I remembered pastor Tim LaHaye. So I started going to Scott Memorial Baptist Church where he was the senior pastor. Of course that's where I met Harriet. I joined the college age group. I was very active in that group. And when Harriet asked me to marry her, just kidding. I asked Pastor LaHaye to marry us. I looked through the wedding album of pictures which, still to this day is kept by her nightstand and I found only one picture of our wedding party that included pastor Tim LaHaye. I'm going to include 3 pictures, the 1st one shows Pastor LaHaye in the wedding party during the ceremony. You'll see that the 2nd picture is very faded because Harriet used to have it out on the counter and light just faded the picture. And the last picture is of the wedding party.



  Big Larr's wife Judy, took the faded picture and worked on it and sent it back to me. It looks much better.


This past week was very busy. But, I did something fun on Tuesday morning. My friend, Lawrence of La Jolla, commonly known as Big Larr, invited me to go stand up paddling in Mission Bay. He came by and picked me up at Zero dark 30 in the morning.

He has two stand up surfboards. I'm still having problem with my right hip. It's technically not the hip replacement I had done about 6 years ago,  it is the muscles in that general area have tendinitis. So my right leg has very little strength when I'm stepping up. Walking is perfectly fine no problem. So stepping up onto the surfboard was the most difficult part. Because the surfboard must be in knee deep water.  I made it without any problems and then we paddled around the bay. We stopped off at one of the points and then headed back.

 It was so beautiful out there, perfectly glassed off and we watch the sun rise. It's really kind of cool because you can talk to the other person while you're paddling along. Big Larr has a sports GPS watch that actually tracks your movement. It tells you your speed and how manhy calories you're burning and so on. When I got home he sent me the link and I thought it was really cool. So I'm including the link and if you click on it you can see the exact route and all the information. Technology is great!




Today I'm taking 4 of the grandkids to see the newest installment of the animated movie Ice Age. We always have so much fun together. I love sitting with the boys and feeding the 2 littlest ones the nachos. The youngest grandson that comes with me is Ethan and he loves those nachos more than anybody else in our group.

Sunday morning I'm preaching about the apostle John, the beloved apostle. What a great guy.

God bless you and I hope you have a fantastic day!
Maranatha,

Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment