Saturday, August 6, 2016

8-6-16 Sat. Harriet Died One Year Ago Today

An entire year has passed. I was thinking about this blog during this past week and what I was going to write. I really don't want to memorialize Harriet's death, rather I would like to say a little something about her life.

First and foremost I wanted to say that Harriet was the best part of my life. I don't say these things just to say nice words about someone who died and is no longer with us. I say these things because they are the truth. Harriet was one of the most disciplined persons I know. Hard-working, she kept our home no matter where we lived during the 44 years, whether it was a rental or our own home, she always kept it spotless. She fed us. There was a time period where for years she would make homemade bread. Once a year we would buy the wheat in large 50 pound bags, enough for the entire year to feed a family of 6. We bought the equipment to mill the wheat just before the bread was actually made. It was so good!

Harriet also spent time homeschooling our kids and teaching them all to play the piano. She did all that was necessary so that I could teach Bible classes and home fellowship groups. She exercised 6 days a week. Some of you know that when I was teaching Bible classes on Saturday night at Sonrise, she would prepare the food and cook enough food for at least 50 people every Saturday for 3 years. This is no small feat. She would start on Thursday doing all the preparation work and then on Saturday she would cook and have everything piping hot for Saturday night dinner. I know I took some pictures, but I don't have them right now maybe I'll take a look and see if I can find them. She had the ability to make a multicourse meal and have everything that is supposed to be hot served hot. We had multiple heating trays to keep the food warm what was being served. I found some pics of Sat. Bible Class.


There's not a day that goes by that I do not miss Harriet. So I think I'm going to add some pictures that you've already seen but it's the best I can do. I know that Harriet has touched many people's lives. Daniel and I were it our good friend Mike and Kathy's a couple a weeks ago and Kathy reminded me of the impression Harriet had made in her life. Harriet always had the time to help other people. This is truly a great quality.











I will always miss you my love!

Maranatha,
Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment