Saturday, September 10, 2016

9-10-16 Sat.

I just realized while putting the date in the title line that it's my birthday today. 70 years old, my how time flies! I don't want to do a life review here, but it's hard not to reflect on years gone by and all the things that have happened, mistakes that were made and of course the good times too.

Finally got over the nasty cold I had this past week or so. I'm glad of that. I felt my head was in a pressure chamber.

I guess it's been pretty boring around here this past week because I was sick. It seems like I managed to kill 2 of Harriet's plants that were out on the walkway into our house. I don't know if I should just buy some plastic plants to put in there? I know that sounds terrible all of you who are so good at gardening as was Harriet. I will have to think about this.

Tomorrow's message at church is, "Have Faith in God". Chapter 11 in the book of Hebrews is called the faith chapter. If I remember correctly in verse 6 it says something like this, "Without faith it is impossible to please him, for those that come to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him".

You hear so many people today say that they are spiritual but they're not religious. That's like me saying I'm a vegetarian, but I don't eat vegetables. The reward comes to those that seek God in a diligent manner. It's so easy to not have time for God because of all the things we think are more important. Are you taking time to seek after God? I hope that you will be in the house of the Lord tomorrow to worship the Creator of the universe and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Maranatha,
Frank
 Its Hilda's Birthday today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment