Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sat. 9-17-16

This past week I went to a new restaurant. My friend Lynn from church, had invited me out for a birthday meal and since I was sick the previous week we had to postpone it to this week. The name of the restaurant is Barrels and it is approximately one block north of the Imperial Beach pier.

They have a second-story in this restaurant and from there you have a great view of the ocean. We had a really nice time and the food was excellent. I had the hamburger, as usual. Very good! So if you are ever down that way you might want to check it out.

When I left the restaurant, I'd only driven approximately one block North and a mural on the side of the building caught my eye because it was of the ocean and a perfect wave. But what really caught my eye was there was writing in the upper left-hand corner and it was quoting from Genesis chapter 1 verse 1. You know when you first sees something like this as your driving you're not sure if you really saw what you saw so I had to drive around the block to make sure. I'm attaching a couple pictures so you can see what I saw.

Very Nice Barrel
I realize this is gonna sound bad. But I'm gonna tell you anyway. So yesterday I was having lunch at McDonald's, yes a Big Mac.(Hamburgers are a main staple of my diet) And I ran into a group of really super nice friends who previously went to Sonrise when Harriet and I did. So, I took a picture and here it is.

You will probably recognize a number of people in the picture.

Tomorrow morning's message at church will be: "Why Does God Love Me (and You)". When you know the depravity of man and as the Bible says the heart of man is desperately wicked who can know it? It does beg the question why does God love me?

I hope you will be in the house the Lord tomorrow morning to worship the Creator and our redeemer Jesus Christ the son of the most high God!

Maranatha,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment