Saturday, November 26, 2016

11-26-16 The Day after the Day After Thanksgiving

I hope you had a really great Thanksgiving! I can't help but remember what my father used to say, "Make every day a Thanksgiving day!" Daniel and I were invited to our friends from church Dave and Tracy along with a lot of other people mostly family related. Lots of great people and we all had a great time. My friend Tanner used his drone to take pictures of us while we were having Thanksgiving day meal. Unfortunately he has not sent them to me yet. When he does, I will include them.

So, the only picture I have is of me eating pie. Linette was cutting the pumpkin pie and cheesecake. I asked for a small slice and she was putting some whipped cream on top of it. I was just kidding her about the small amount of whipped cream so she of course covered the entire cheesecake with whipped cream. That's so you can tell what's going on in the picture and why I am laughing.








My friend Dave got his pilot's license last week and he took me for a ride in his plane. I'm including one picture and it's from inside the plane him if you look in the center of the picture you can see the runway we're lining up for.

Sunday morning I will be preaching on "Prepare for the Coming of the King". There are many aspects of preparation for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When you think about it in the Old Testament there was prophetic utterances concerning his 1st coming. Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies when he came the 1st time. But, who was ready for his coming? The wisemen from the East, they were ready both Simeon and Elizabeth in the temple were anticipating his coming. Then you fast-forward to when Jesus started his ministry, John the Baptist was waiting with anticipation for his arrival. A few years later the crowd received Jesus as he entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. Now we have the opportunity to anticipate his 2nd coming. There are twice as many prophecies concerning the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ than his 1st coming. Are you ready? I hope so.

Maranatha,
Frank
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment