Saturday, December 23, 2017

Are you ready for Christmas? Yesterday evening we had dinner at our church. It was a Christmas dinner put on by the staff. It was great! 220 people signed up. After the dinner we went into the sanctuary and we actually sang Christmas carols and then moved in to singing the Christmas songs like "Hark the Herald Angels Sing's". Have you ever looked at the words to this song it is so scripturally accurate, very cool. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun singing the Christmas carols, like decades ago. On Sunday we're having a candlelight service which will be really great.

Yesterday evening while we were waiting for the dinner to start. Actually it started but there was a long line and I stepped outside. Everybody was looking up in the sky and so I did too. There was a bright light in the sky and it was a rocket. This morning I looked it up so I can include a picture for you and they said it was Space X rocket. You can't see it really clearly from this picture, but when the rocket jettisoned its 2nd stage, it was really cool!

I was going to take Daniel to see the Star Wars movie today, but he called me yesterday afternoon and he's got a bad cold. I appreciate his consideration because I sure don't want to get sick. For some reason these colds drag on. Actually it's the cough that can last for months. You know what I'm talking about, it's that tickle in the back of your throat the causes the coughing reflects. And it's very frustrating especially when it's at night time and you cough and can't go to sleep.

When I retired from upholstering, I brought my work computer home and I have a lot of data including thousands and thousands of pictures that I've taken digitally and non-digitally over the decades. I was looking for something last week and I came across to a picture of Harriet that I don't believe I've used before.

Well I should have saved that picture onto a flash drive and transferred it to this computer because now I can't find it. But I've come up with some other pictures. The first one is of Harriet and her mother taken in 2008 at my dads birthday party he was celebrating 94 years on this planet.

 
I found some more pictures that I've taken in Hawaii that same year. The first picture is taken of a healthy Hawaiian breakfast.

 The next set of pictures I took at a little park. We'd always stayed in Waikiki and as you look to the west you see Diamondhead, on the other side of Diamondhead and of few miles down the road in a residential area called Kahala, there's this nice little park. For some reason there's no tourists there at all and usually it's pretty empty. Harriet and I would like to go there and there's a nice bench as you will see and Harriet would take a stroll down the beach in either direction.



As you can see it looks deserted. Nice quiet area just 10 minutes from Waikiki. This is a great place for relaxing and enjoying God's creation. One of Harriet's favorite places.

The same year there was a tandem surf contest and Harriet really enjoyed watching the men and women tandem surfing so gracefully.

That's it for today. God bless you and I hope that you will be in the house of the Lord this Sunday, worshiping the Creator, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Maranatha,
Frank
PS. I love you my girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment