Monday, December 22, 2014

Last Week Was a Good Week

Before I got up this morning I was thinking about this previous week and I was comparing it to previous weeks since we started this roller coaster ride.  This past week was positively the best so far since August 1.

Some of the symptoms that Harriet has had because of the lymphoma, her body first retained a lot of water and she gained a lot of weight.  Then when she started doing the chemotherapy, she started losing a lot of weight.  As I have mentioned she has lost at least 25% of her body weight.  The good news is that since her previous chemotherapy, when she was weighed, she has gained 4 pounds.  This probably doesn't sound like a big deal except for the fact that this is the first time that the downward slide in losing weight has been reversed.  So, I'm very thankful for this.

A week from today she has her sixth chemotherapy and hopefully her last.  My prayer request on her behalf would be that her white blood cell count is high enough and that her blood pressure is also high enough, so they will do this final chemotherapy.

Thank you so much for your prayers and we really appreciate them.  I hope that you have a great week.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment