Saturday, January 23, 2016

1-23-16 Sat

Good morning everybody! I hope you all had a good week. I have been learning to cook, I know this is a big shock. I often smiled to myself when I'm trying to cook something because I think of how well Harriet Cooked. Harriet had the ability to cook the multicourse meal and have everything completed at the same time so that it's all served hot and ready to eat. I'm finding out that this takes a lot of talent and a lot of practice. For you that are not aware of this, Harriet cooked a full meal for everybody in our Bible class on Saturday nights at Sonrise, each Saturday night for at least 3 years. She cooked the entire meal by her self and served it hot for about 50 people every Saturday night. That takes a lot of talent and a lot of energy.

So I cook my 1st grilled cheese sandwich this week. It actually is the 1st thing I've cooked it came out pretty good. I was really happy with myself being able to cook this sandwich.



Then yesterday I heated up some chili that I received in the can from my friends Phil in Rogina. It's called Cattle Drive chili. It has everything in it and it was very good. when I was at Walmart I picked up some of that garlic bread that is already buttered and has the garlic on it. I'm not sure exactly how it works in the oven as far as how long it needs to be in there to heat up the bread and to make it a nice golden brown. Is this boring? I hope I'm not boring everybody with all this information. This is what's going on right now and I'm learning to cook so I'm sharing those experiences with you. So I tried to heat the garlic bread in the oven and it warmed it up but it didn't come out the way it's supposed to like one Harriet doesn't. So I'm gonna need some help in this area. For example what temperature do you put the oven on and do you use the broiler or not and what shelf in the oven do you put the bread to heat up? These are unknowns that I need to answer. So if you read this blog and you want to instruct me on how to probably heat up garlic bread, I would really appreciate it.

Daniel is still working hard with his full-time and his part-time job.

Sunday morning I'll be preaching on The Great Commission. I hope that you can be there to hear the message.

Maranatha,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment