Saturday, January 9, 2016

1-9-16 Sat.

Sorry about the late posting this morning. I came down with a cold 2 days ago and it's just starting to get a little better. I'm still in the contagious state. I asked Pastor Ron to take my Bible class on Friday night and to preach on Sunday morning. He's always very faithful And a good friend.

I have sort of shut myself in the last few days because I don't want other people to get sick. But it's difficult to do things that you know you should be doing, even though you don't feel up to it.

Daniel continues to work hard at his job and is always looking for more ways to increase his income. I did mention to you that he has a part-time job with my friend Gaylin. Daniel is working on the computer for him. It seems to be really working out for both of them.

We had so much rain this past week I can't remember the last time we've had this much rain consecutive days. I will tell you a funny story. I put my trash cans out on Tuesday morning. There are 2 of them one for recyclables and the other for trash. The recyclable came and picked up and I brought the trash can in and put it away. Now the rain had been raining hard and there was a nice stream flowing down the street. I'm going to include a picture I took out the front door so you can see the water going by in the rain. Anyway I came out on Wednesday morning and I couldn't see my trashcan anywhere. I look to the left of me and to the right of me and everyone else had the trash can still out, but mine was missing.
 Just in time the trash truck driver was driving by on the other side of the street and I waited till he made his circuit and came back on my side and flag him down. He said that they saw a trashcan a couple of blocks away downstream. Sure enough it was my trashcan and it floated away with all the trash still in it. He brought the trash came back a couple of days later. Very unusual and we are very thankful for all this rain. As you know we're going through a drought and hopefully this will help to lessen the drought effects.

That's it for today. I hope you have a fantastic weekend, Maranatha,
Frank

                             Harriet and me at Waikiki
                    My Dad and Harriet just a months before he died.



No comments:

Post a Comment