Saturday, February 13, 2016

2-13-16 Sat.

I have to do the blog early this morning because we have our annual breakfast for church. It used to be a men's breakfast, but last year we invited the ladies because Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday. Well, the ladies liked it so much were inviting them back this year. I hope they behave themselves.

Everything is going pretty much the same as it has been. Daniel is working hard and I guess I can say I'm doing the same.

Today I want to tell you about a lonely plant, that survived my lack of care. I should probably preface this story with a little history. Taking care of plants and everything that goes with it like what plants we bought and where they were planted, was Harriet's domain. We have the plants that are around the house on a timer so that they are watered on a regular basis. But, there are a lot of plants on our porch that do not have a sprinkler system because they are potted plants, even though they are quite large. So, Harriet explained to me the watering and how often it should be done depending upon the heat and time of year. And I've been watering them faithfully and not killed any yet.

So couple of months ago, I noticed that there was a plant that is on Harriet's side of the bed on her nightstand and it's a real plant, as opposed to artificial. I tried to figure out how long it's been since it's been watered and it probably did not get any water for at least 3 or 4 months and I'm so surprised that it was still alive even if just barely. So I've been watering it and making sure that it got some sunlight. We have  the louvered shutters throughout our house and I've not been opening the shutters on Harriet side since she was not here. This means that the plant was not getting any water or sunlight for months. I'm going to include a picture of the plant in its current condition. It's been revived in the last couple of months. Can you believe it's already been 6 months since Harriet died? There is one strand you can see that is struggling, but there is new growth also. It's amazing that this plant survived for so long without water and sunlight.

Next week I will have some pictures that I will take at the breakfast this morning. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and the title of the message is, "All You Need Is Love". Yes it's from the Beatles. But I will not be using their lyrics, I will be using verses from the Bible.

Maranatha,
Frank
                                      Harriet and little Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment