Saturday, February 20, 2016

2-20-16 Sat.

I have some sad news to share with you. Our dear friend Brian Verhoeks died a week ago. I believe he was about 54 years old, give or take. He is a dear friend. The service will be next Saturday, at Sonrise, 12 noon. I will be opening the service and then Pastor Ron. The nicest thing I can say is that Brian, he was really a servant of the Lord. He helped everybody. I know that the church will be packed. He leaves behind his wife Jamie, his 2 daughters and his son Tanner who is married to Bri.

I have a picture I want to share with you. It's our grandson Matthew who had his 3rd birthday. He's really a cutie.


I'm doing this blog post real early on Saturday morning it's about 4:35 AM. I promised my friends that I would meet them at the beach this morning. I've stayed in contact but not been in the water for quite a few months. When Harriet really sick, I stopped taking my iron supplements. I've been dealing with low iron for the last 15 years or so. Harriet used to put the pills out for me and when she got really sick I just spaced it off. And of course when she died I still didn't take any of my pills until I realized that my hands and feet were cold all the time due to my low hemoglobin. I went down and got tested and it confirmed that I was low on iron. So I've been taking those pills in the morning and evening. Lord willing by this spring I'll be able to get back in the water.

I have to be down at the beach by 5:30 AM. Because the boys get in the water at 1st light. Hopefully the waves are good.

Daniel is preparing to go to the next stage in his reinsertion into society. He is finished his 6 months of transitional housing. He's doing very well and working hard. I'm thankful that his brother Joe has provided him a job and training.

                                     Harriet and Autumn





That's it for now. I hope you have a great weekend.

 PS. Just got back from the beach. I took a picture of two of my friends, David on the left and Ken on the right, checking the waves out. I have surfed with Ken for about 30 years. Both are really good friends.

Maranatha,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment