Saturday, October 15, 2016

10-15-16 Sat.

Can we talk? Do you remember my Oriental barber? That was a couple of blogs back. Well he finally finished remodeling and repairing his barbershop. I went in and you probably can guess he's raised its prices. I should of took a picture of him when I was there is he's really a nice guy. Can't understand the things he says, but still a nice guy.

We had Family Night at church last night. Sometimes when there's a really good movie out we play it and we showed the movie it's called The War Room. I will tell you it's one of the best movies I've seen for a long time. I highly encourage you to get a copy and watch it.



Last week I put a picture in of Harriet and I in Hawaii in 2001. Today I have a picture that was taken in 2003 which I've not put on this blog.

 This picture was taken in the Family Room at Sonrise Community Church. 2003, That was the year that I hurt my back so bad that I was in a wheelchair and did not know if I was going to be able to walk again. It was New Year's Day weekend when I hurt my back, lifting a large television set and throwing it into a dumpster. I decided to sell our home in Del Mar and we moved to Santee. I remember that I was in a wheelchair when we came and we where looking at mobile homes. When we found the one that we are currently living in, the previous owners had died and they were very old. They probably had not done anything for 15 years. I remember. Harriet couldn't believe I was moving her into The Dump. That's actually what I called it and I made a video of what this place look like before we upgraded everything. I told Harriet that I would spend whatever amount of money it would take to make it nice. We stripped it down to the bare walls and rebuilt the entire thing. I remember years later Harriet Saying that this is the nicest place we've ever lived and I agree.

November 2003, the big fire! It burned all the way from Julian to Tierasanta. I remember that when we came out of our mobile home there was fire all the way around the perimeter of Santee. We lost electrical power and I decided to pack the essentials into our van and we drove over to our church.

Here are a few pictures as a reminder.


 
Those were some tough days. If I remember correctly over 1500 houses burned and that's just in the San Diego area. As you can see there were fires burning north of us also.




The message I will be preaching tomorrow is taken from the Book of Revelation chapter 2. It is the letter specifically written to the church at Ephesus, but we can learn from their mistakes. They had lost their First love. I hope you will make the right choice and be in the house of the Lord tomorrow. All choices have good or bad consequences. It's time to start making good choices.

Maranatha,
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment