Saturday, February 25, 2017

2-25-17 Sat.

Busy week this past week. We met on Wednesday afternoon with the pastor and committee from the church in Lakeside we are looking to use their Fellowship Hall. If you don't know why, read my last blog a week ago.

The pastor and the two other men on the committee were very nice and receptive. I prepared a list of our needs and went over them point by point. Afterwards we walked the property looking at the fellowship hall and also classrooms that will be used for Sunday school for the kids.

One of the men on the committee told me that he did not think that the requests are unreasonable. So we seem to think that everything went very well. They need to present this to their elder board for a final decision and they don't meet till February 28. So by next weekend I should have their response.

Everything is so green because of all of our rain that we've received, my friend Larry and I hiked up to the top of a hill close to my house and we launched my drone and took some videos and a few pictures which I will include.


   


If you look at the second picture and see the bridge in the distance, I'd flown my drone all the way to just this side of that bridge. I was tempted to fly under the bridge to the other side, but Saner heads prevailed. It is over 4000 feet away and I was still able to track the drone even though it was a tiny speck. Of course I have a display on the transmitter and I can see exactly what the camera sees. This is called FPV (First Person View). It really is quite amazing! In a future blog I will post a picture and you will see what the display looks like and the information that is available.


You can see my mobile home park in the fourth picture.I took each picture from the same position and just rotated the drone slightly to the right. So if you were to take the second picture and put it to the right of the first picture it would be a continuous view. Same with the rest of the pics. The reason I didn't stitch all four of these pictures together to make it a panorama shot is because it ends up being very tiny vertically.



Pastor Mike will be preaching tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to the message. He will be preaching from Psalms 23.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Maranatha,
Frank                              My Father and My Girl

         My son Joe and His Mom (can you tell Harriet Was happy to be there?)


No comments:

Post a Comment