Saturday, March 11, 2017

Sat. 3-11-17

If you've not heard, we have decided to close the doors of our church. We started Maranatha Bible Church four years ago on March 3, 2013. We were notified on January 18th that our lease would not be renewed. We had been looking for a new location anyway.

Since January, I've been told by 19 people that they are either moving out of state or looking for a different church. Some of them are moving to Arizona, Idaho, and Texas. When you have a very small church like ours was, you can't afford to lose that many people and especially a lot of those people were the hard-working backbone of our church. Because of this our trustees and I decided that it would be best to close the doors and not make a move even though we had found another location and been approved.

We will continue to have a Bible study each week on Wednesday night at Philip and Rogina's home. A number of people want to continue practicing their music together.

A lot of sad people when I gave the news this past Sunday morning at the end of the service. Lots of tears were shed. I will tell you that they're all wonderful people and I love them all.

Romans 8:28 says: "For we know that all things work together for good, to them who love God and to them who are the called according to his purpose."

This was my father's favorite verse in the Bible. You either believe it or you don't. I choose to believe it.

I went out to lunch with Daniel and I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures. I had to teach him how to play pool. We used to have a pool table just like this in our home when we lived in El Cajon. I purchased a three-quarter size table that was operated using quarters. Yes, I did it on purpose. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately this time Daniel "Schooled" me. We ate at the Boil Weevil restaurant in Lakeside and yes I love the onions on my hamburger.




I almost forgot. I don't know if you remember but in October I flew up to Oregon and went to Caleb and Ashley's wedding. Caleb is Harriet's brother John's son. I posted a bunch of pictures from the wedding. But this past week I received a few extra pictures I want to share with you. Ashley made a bouquet of flowers and around the base of the flowers were pictures of those relatives who had died before the wedding. If you look carefully you will see Harriet's  picture.


That's about it for this week.

Maranatha,
Frank



No comments:

Post a Comment