Friday, March 31, 2017

4-1-17 Sat.

I received a lot of response from last weeks blog. From Hawaii to Oklahoma the response was the same. Churches becoming more of a place of entertainment.

I remember a message that Pastor Tony Sr. preached when Sonrise was still meeting at the Spring Valley location. This was about 20 years ago and the title of the message was, "Raising the Bar". The message was concerning raise the bar not lowering our standards of excellence. It seems that in the past 2 decades that the Christian Church in general has moved in the opposite direction, its is the dumbing down of any standard of excellence.

It is like the dumbing down of society. Since the mid-60s the SAT scores have dropped and instead of making the students work harder, they consistently lowered the standard so that it does not look as if the students are learning less nor the teachers doing a poor job. That seems to be the attitude that prevails in the Christian church. Let's lower the standards and entertain the great unwashed.

I am teaching the Bible class every Wednesday evening at Philip and  Rogina's home. We continue our study in the Book of Acts. It's great to see there are people still interested in studying God's word.

This past week my friend Larry and I had gone to the beach real early. It was Wednesday and Thursday morning we would get to the beach approximately 6 AM. We start videoing by 6:30 a.m. for approximately an hour and half to two hours. My friend Larry has been surfing for most of his life as have I. He has also purchased a drone by the same company but a different model than I have. We do mostly videoing rather then pictures. They are all real high definition videos and it's amazing. If you have a Smart TV, you can watch the surf videos I make on your TV. Very cool!

During this past week I've learned how to extract a specific picture from the video. I'm going to include a couple of pictures that I've extracted from videos so you can see how they look. The first few pics were taken before the sun came up over the hill in Del Mar. As you can see with the picture of the guy riding the yellow board, the pictures look much better when you have direct sun light.


This is my friend Ken. We have surfed this same break in Del Mar for a few Decades. When it was a full moon we would paddle out 45 mins or more before dawn and surf by the moonlight. Ken was with me when I paddled out with Harriet's ashes. She wanted her ashes to be in the same place where my will be spread out. Probably Ken is going to have the job of spreading my ashes.
Surfing by moonlight.

David surfing his 6'4" fish shortboard


In this last picture, taken by Autumn when we were in Hawaii, you can see my drone flying above the head of the surfer. I fly about twice the height of the wave and just a little bit more.
When the waves break, the spray goes up in the air. Even at the height I fly, the drone still comes back with moisture on it which is not good. So I can't fly lower or I could have major problems.



Last Sunday I was invited by Brad and Karen to their daughter Kylie's birthday party which they were holding at the Santee Lakes. I'm going to include some pictures I took last Sunday. These are really good friends and I love their kids. Yes, I love Brad and Karen too!


Brad and Karen to their daughter Kylie

                        Kylie


Lisa, her son Logan and me. I think Lisa's husband Mark took the picture. Long time good friends.


Lots of nice people.  We had a really great. time.

I guess that's it for today. I just need to find a nice picture of Harriet to finish today's blog. I still miss my girl!


Maranatha, even so come quickly Lord Jesus! 
Rev. 21:20
Frank
 







No comments:

Post a Comment