Saturday, April 15, 2017

4-15-17 Sat.

I hope you have had a good week. I have a prayer request for my good friend Ken. I've known Ken for quite a few decades. We surf together six days a week for many years. Since I'm unable to go surfing I've been taking videos with my drone as you know from previous blog posts. This past Wednesday morning I was there at the beach and I'm going to include a picture I took with my cell phone.

The full moon was still in the sky at 6 AM and that's Ken in the lower right-hand corner getting ready to paddle out. He came back in within about 30 minutes and was out of breath. I will shorten the story and let you know that he had to go the hospital and they ran ahundred test on them and found out that he has and I'm quoting from Ken's email:

"I JUST got to come home from the hospital…after 100 tests.  I have blood clots in my leg (the cramping right one) & 75 % of my lungs blood-clotted.  I was I.V. Blood thinned (heparin) & now starting Eliquis FOREVER.  My Factor 5 leiden came & got me big time from when I found out I had it when I got Hepatitus B over a decade ago.  Those baby aspirins haven’t stopped the problem."

I would ask you to pray for my friend Ken for his healing and that God would restore his health. Ken is a good man and a good friend. Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to pray for him.

On the same morning, my camera on the drone was having difficulties. I could still view through the camera but the buttons that take pictures and videos were not working properly and I had to send it back to the factory to have them diagnose the problem and fix it. Fortunately, I purchased there DJI care protection plan, which means that the repair and shipping were paid for by them.

This weekend is probably the most important weekend in Christendom. Of course, without the birth of Jesus, we would not be celebrating his sacrifice on the cross for us. But Paul the apostle makes it clear what the gospel is that he preached. Now Paul, the apostle got his information directly from Jesus Christ so, this is 100% accurate. If you read 1 Corinthians chapter 15:1-4 you will get the same information. I was going to give you the essence, but I'm going to quote the Scripture below:


1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The three key points are that Jesus Christ died for our sins, he was buried and that he arose again according to the Scriptures.  These are the most fundamental points of Christianity and if you are going to a church that does not preach this you're going to the wrong church. Churches do not save anyone. It is the atoning death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. And unless a man is born again he shall not enter the kingdom of God.

So, it was a sad Friday for the disciples when Jesus died, but Resurrection Sunday was coming! I hope that you will take the time to be in the house Lord not just on Easter Sunday but every Sunday. He is worthy of all glory honor and praise!

Maranatha,
Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment