Saturday, July 8, 2017

7-8-17 Sat.

Good morning everybody! It's Saturday morning and it's coming up on 5:30 AM. Larry and I went to the beach yesterday and the waves are really tiny. Here's a picture with my friend Ken sitting out there waiting and hoping for a wave.

It was 5:30 in the morning and a little bit foggy so you can tell there's not a whole lot a light.The conditions have been poor the last couple of months with a couple of standout good days.

But the interesting thing that happened was that my Inspire 2 drone that I was flying, was attacked by a Sea gull over and over again. Below you will see a picture of the drone I was flying. My friend Larry took this picture with his drone which is a Mavic Pro. We nicknamed my drone the Beast because of its size.

I have subscribed to a number of YouTube channels that carry like information about drones. A few weeks ago I saw a video that a guy posted. A Sea gull had knocked his drone out of the sky. He was videoing down by a body of water that had a small pier. I remember how he had said that the Sea gull was relentless. He made the comment that the only way to escape is to go vertical. A drone can fly in six different directions (that's right, but not all of the same time). 

Larry and I have been flying since the very beginning of January at the same location without any problems. But, yesterday morning this Sea Gull kept flying after my drone and the interesting thing it left Larry's drone alone which is more of a portable smaller drone, comparatively speaking. Well I remembered the video that I viewed a few weeks ago and I hit the up stick and this drone goes straight up at about 7 meters a second and of course the seagull can't do that. No matter what I did including flying out over the ocean or different areas the Sea gull would follow and continue to pursue me. It was really kind of weird. If these drones were not so expensive, I would've liked to joust with the bird.

We've had a couple of real hot days. I have a beautiful picture I took about a week and a half ago over the Santee sandpit's right at about sun rise.


I sold five of the six surfboards I've accumulated over the years. The only one left is my Gordon & Smith, Midgett Farrelly Nose Rider. This is the board that I took on our honeymoon and of course I have to include that picture too.


https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/spo/6203663314.html


I don't know what happened to my dumb formatting program for this blog, but it's gone off the rails. This is the second time that this is happened during this posting and I don't want to start all over again. So, I'll just close and wish you a great weekend.

Maranatha,
Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment