Saturday, August 5, 2017

8-5-17 Sat.

Did anyone figure this out? This was from last weeks post.
If you try to read that sign you'll notice underneath it in the smaller print it says "Roma 6/23". This is the scriptural reference and I know you know this verse it's a standard memory verse.
"23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I was only three years old when we came to the United States so I've never learned to read Hungarian but since my parents spoke it around the house all the time until their dying days, I can sound out these words. It's very phonetic. I thought it was a straight translation but I never stopped to actually try and figure it out. 

Something you may know or maybe not that there is something called "Google translator". You type in the words on the left side and you choose the language that you're trying to translate and then on the right side you select the language you wanted to be translated too. So I checked to make sure the translation is accurate, this is what the sign says, "God is the gift of grace of our Lord Jesus Christ". Realistically it should say, "God's gift of grace is our Lord Jesus Christ". Sometimes when you directly translate things straight across to they don't make sense because of the grammatical configuration.


The fun thing that happened last weekend, my friends Bruce in Susie along with their families, drove down from Simi Valley and stayed at the RV park in Chula Vista, right on the Bay. I took this picture using my drone. The two young boys to my right, are Bruce and Susie's grandchildren and they are a lot of fun. They really enjoyed all the toys I like to play with. So we had a blast.

I went there both Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. On Saturday afternoon Bruce barbecued some tri-tip and it was delicious! I don't think I've had anything that good for quite a few years. Very nice family and friends.

There was a real surprise this week my good friend Dr. Brad came down from San Francisco along with his wife in kids to visit the extended family. Brad was part of our surf crew and he lives in Del Mar, but he had to move up to San Francisco because of his job. So he shows up in, but he brought his surfboard so I got to see them yesterday at the beach when Larry and I went and videoed. Interestingly enough he asked me what church I'm going to now and I did not know this but his sister and her husband are going to the same church. I've never met them but I'm looking forward to meeting them this Sunday because Brad and the family are coming to church also.


Brad is in the center the picture the closest person and Ken is sitting right on the other side of them. The three of us used to be the first ones in the water each morning and we did this for years until Brad had to move.

That's it for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Maranatha,
Frank

PS. Tomorrow it will be 2 years since Harriet went home to be with the Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment