Saturday, July 25, 2015

7-25-15

There's a lot going on and I need to bring you up to speed. Harriet's health declines. She said that her legs feel like each one ways 20 pounds more than normal and it's difficult for her to walk. She is asked for me to buy her a cane, so that she can use it around the house and so that she will not fall.

This past week was pretty tough I finally had to call hospice and they're going to come out next week and make an evaluation. It is a tough call for the obvious reasons. I really don't want to give up hope, things look pretty dim right now.

On an upper note, when I spoke with Daniel last Saturday morning, he suggested that I try and contact the governor's office. To be perfectly frank with you, I didn't think it would do much good. But, when I went to the governor Brown's website, there was a place to send them an email and they even had selections as to the topic and one of the topics was "Parole". So I wrote him a letter and told him of our plight and the fact that he's already been granted parole and we are just waiting for his signature on the paperwork. Also I told him of Harriet's condition and how it's worsening. That was last Saturday.

Then on Tuesday I wrote him another note and told him that Daniel's mother's health was deteriorating. I pleaded for mercy and asked for him to release Daniel by signing the paper immediately instead of waiting the normal 30 days to do so.

Well, I told our son Joseph about this and I send them a copy of the letter that I sent to Gov. Brown. Joe got on the stick and really stepped up to the plate. He got in contact with our state representative Joel Anderson and also with Brian Jones and asked them to intercede. Lori Brown over it Joel Anderson's has been really on top of this and she contacted the governor's office and talk to an assistant. The assistant told her that both the document that the governor needs to sign for the parole is on his desk along with my letters. If you are not aware the governor has been out of town, he is at the Vatican for 8 global warming conference and he's either returning today or he'll be back at work on Monday. Brian Jones also drafted a letter and send it to the governor asking for him to act immediately upon his return and releasing Daniel.

We are hoping that he will sign the release and fax it over to the prison and they will then in turn release Daniel. Joseph and I are ready to drive over and pick up Daniel at the drop of a hat.

Our daughter Sarah and her husband Hans are going to fly in next Friday night August 1. They're taking the redeye so we won't really see them till Saturday morning sometime. It would sure be great if Daniel would be here by that time.

Well I've given you all the information I know and I want to thank everybody for your prayers both for Harriet and for Daniel. I will keep you updated and you might want to check back during the week because if we do get the release of Daniel then I will put out a special blog update. You might want to check back midweek.

God bless you and I appreciate all the good wishes and prayers on behalf of Harriet.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment