Wednesday, January 11, 2017

1-11-17 Aloha

I promised an update.  Well the flight over was a rough one. I got sick on the plane. Let me back up. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast every morning and I don't get sick. I have flown on planes at least a few dozen times without a problem.

When I got to airport I ate a banana and when I we board the plane they gave us some snacks. A few hours later, before they served lunch I had to threw up. Not very good place to get sick. Fortunately I was in the first row of seats and real close to the head.

Enough of the bad news. I made it to the hotel. It is right across the street from the beach and centrally located.
The date is wrong on  the picture and I have get that fixed.

I am heading to Dude's this morning for breakfast. I will take some pics from there. Its the million dollar view and the food is great. Then I will go to the swap meet at the Aloha Bowl. I need to get another large suitcase and some T shirts. I am planning to go to National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. It is in the Punchbowl crater. I was planning on making a video for our church that they will show on Sunday. "Perched picturesquely in one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring natural settings, the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (also known as Punchbowl Cemetery) is the official resting place of more than 25,000 veterans who bravely fought for our country within the armed services."  Harriet and I would come here to pay our respects to the brave men and women who gave their lives so that we could live in freedom!

Yesterday I drove East and took some videos that I will make into short edited video and I will put a link in future blog posts. Here is a picture taken at Sandy Beach Park, shortly after  sunrise.

OK, I am off and running. Check back in a few days and should have an update.

Maranatha,
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment