Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday 1-16-17 still in Hawaii

Andy and Autumn made it here a day late. They arrived on Sat.. These next two pics were taken this morning at Duke's.





 They are working me a like a rented Mule. We go non stop from early morning till night. Andy likes  Kiteboarding, so we go to whatever part of the Island has the  best wind.

Last Sat. before I picked them up in the morning, I went to the North Shore again. I got up really early on Saturday morning and drove to Haleiwa. The waves were forecasted at 10 to 12 feet and it was pumping. I don't take a lot of pictures since I have the opportunity to use my Phantom 4 Pro drone and take high definition videos up to 4K. I did take a couple of pictures when I was moving the drone into position. The picture was taken at about 150 feet off the surface of the water. You can get an idea of the size of the waves when you look at how small the people are that are sitting on their surfboards. When I get home I will edit and compile all these videos into the best shots and post it to the YouTube. Then I will supply a link so that you can view the videos.


I got to Haleiwa before first light and waited in the car. Because I had to pick up Andy and Autumn at the airport, I had a three or four hour window and I didn't want to waste any time.  While I was waiting for someone to get the waves and had allowed I met this man named Sammy. This was his favorite surf spot. He gave me the full scoop. See picture below.





There are some really good surfers and I got some great videos.

Andy and Autumn went to a luau this evening and I passed on it. Harriet And I had gone to one before and it was a lot of fun but once is enough.

This gives me the opportunity to up date the blog.This may be my last trip to Hawaii. It's just not the same when my girl's not here.

We are heading back to the North Shore tomorrow to chase the winter Andy.The next picture is of the beach where we were at when Andy launched his kite. I got some great videos from up above as he was moving along at a really good clip.


That's it for tonight. I hope you have a great week!

Maranatha,
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment