Friday, September 25, 2015

9-25-15 Friday

Strange day yesterday. It started off well, I got to go surfing in the morning. Daniel is still practicing his driving a stick shift.

In the afternoon I stopped at the bank and when I came out the van would not start. It was really weird because the power doors and powered tailgate all worked. But there were no lights on the dash and not even a click when you turned the key to start the car.

I ended up walking down to a mechanics place a few blocks away. I called up Wawanesa, my insurance company that has roadside assistance. After jumping through all the hoops they would send a tow truck. A little while later I called up my son Joe and told him I would need a ride. He was kind enough to come right over and we tried jumping the car. The problem was not the battery, nor in the connection on the battery.

An hour and a half after I made the initial call to the tow company they finally showed up. (Great service) when I tried to start the car a message came on the dash that it was a "bad key". It had not given me this message earlier when I tried to start the car. So we change the plan and have the van towed to my house. I figured that the battery was bad in the smart key. Joe took me to Walgreens and we got a new set of batteries and install them. It didn't do any good. So I went and found Harriet's set of keys for the van. And what's interesting is that it would not unlock the doors but it would start the car. So something is screwed up and I will have to go to the dealership today and see if they can rekey these smart keys that turned stupid.

So that entire adventure took 3 1/2 hours and it was a total waste of time.

Maranatha,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment