Thursday, September 18, 2014

Good Morning!

Yesterday was even more difficult than the previous day, I'm sorry to say.  Harriet asked me this morning, "Am I ever going to feel better?"  I try to give an encouraging word.  It is tough to know how long the effects of the chemotherapy will last until she starts feeling her strength coming back.

Eating is almost nonexistent.  She's trying to drink some chicken soup, when she can.  But she said that it's almost easier not to eat because of the difficulties of nausea afterward.  It's a dichotomy.  If you don't eat, you don't regain your strength, but if you eat then you have the consequences of nausea, even more so than if you don't eat.

I'm hoping that by the end of this week, things will be better.  Harriet mentioned to me yesterday afternoon did that she is sensitive to smells and to sounds.  So that every smell and sound is amplified.  We do have an another test this afternoon, to check her heart rhythm.  The use it as a baseline to make sure that the chemotherapies are not jeopardizing the hearts function.

Thank you again for the great cards and emails in support.  I read the newest ones to Harriet this morning before I went to work.  It is very difficult to not be able to do anything to make her feel better.  I try make sure that we have all the medication, especially for pain available to her.

I hope your day goes well and let us all pause to give thanks for the good health that we do have.

Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment