Friday, September 19, 2014

How Do You Kill the Cancer, without Killing the Patient?

How do you kill the cancer, without killing the patient?  I've been doing a lot of reading about chemotherapy and people's experiences.  I've learned that the experiences are different because of the different types of diseases which are treated, thus the treatment is varied.   I read yesterday of a man's experience and he said, sort of tongue-in-cheek, "The doctors figure out how much chemotherapy will kill up person, then they give slightly less than that to the patient."  I'm sure that that's how it feels.

In my reading I learned that watermelon is something that is palatable by many.  So I purchased some cut up watermelon and took it home to give it a try.  She was able to eat some, not much. Harriet was so weak yesterday that she could not go to her test that was to be performed in the afternoon and I had to call and cancel it.  

Thank you for all the encouragement and the life experiences that you have shared with us.  I'm looking forward to a turn in Harriet's health to the upside today or tomorrow.  Hopefully slowly regained her strength.

I must mention again that she is unable to speak on the telephone, or respond to emails.  It is hard to imagine that you can be so weak, so much loss of energy that is too difficult to do the simple tasks.  Again her sense of hearing has been greatly increased.  It's the sensitivity to sound, vibration, and light, so I try to protect her from these things.

Hopefully I will have some good news in the next couple of days that Harriet will be doing slightly better.

God bless you are friends,

Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment