Thursday, September 4, 2014

To Pain Patch or to not Pain Patch

Good Morning,

The pain patch was a difficult experience last evening. We put the pain patch on at 3:15PM and within hours the pain was really bad. I sent an email to my good friend Dr. Brad who moved up to San Francisco area about 7 year ago. He happened to still be at work. Over the course of the next few hours we communicated via text and he told me that it takes about 12 hours of the patch to kick in full strength.
So Harriet went back to the Dilaudid pain medication.

After I went to sleep about 8:00PM, Harriet told me that she started having digestive problems. She was still awake when I got up at 2:00AM to go to work. She had taken the patch off because that was the only thing that could have caused the problems. So we are back to taking pills every 4 hours for pain.

This is the latest and I hope she will have a better day today. Sept. 4th is our 43 wedding anniversary! What a way to celebrate.

Through life's trials and tribulations we have choices to make. May we always have Eternal Perspective.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes,

Frank and Harriet

Happy Anniversary Honolulu!  
(2007 Picture at Dukes)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment