Friday, October 17, 2014

Another Good Day

Well yesterday was another pretty good day and the evening went well too, so that's just great!  I really don't have a whole lot tell you this morning.  So, I will give you all an update on how Daniel's doing.

We received two letters from him this week.  He is arrived in Arizona and it seems that they are really on a fast-track to cycle people from that facility back to California.  Hopefully he will not be there more than two weeks.  The other good piece of information is the fact that they are not waiting 90 days after the notification of the hearing.  This means that he could have his hearing for resentencing in a much shorter time.

I know a number of people have asked, "What can we do?"   During the hearing they only allow one person to speak and Daniel has asked me to do so.  But, what they are looking for is community support.  So I will probably ask our friends to write letters and email them to me.  This way I can gather up all the letters and give them to the attorney.  I will give an outline of things that the hearing board are looking for.  Pretty much they are looking for, Maturity.  They want to know that the juvenile offender has matured and will be a productive member of society.  By the way, I counted the associate degrees that Daniel has accrued over the last decade or so and he has nine associate degrees, one bachelor and one Masters degree.  Of course to me this shows a lot of maturity and fortitude.  Eight of the nine associate degrees he got on his own without any of my help.  The other degrees were done through a correspondence course which I helped him get.  Because during those degrees in theology, he needed research information and documentation which I provided.

Thank you again family and friends for your love and support.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment