Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dr. Chen

We had Harriet's appointment with the oncologist yesterday morning.  He was very positive.  He seems to be a very caring person.  He noted the improvement concerning the swelling in Harriet's feet.  He suggested that Harriet cut back on the Dilaudid pain medication, but continue to take the morphine every eight hours.

Well, we did that and by night time the pain had returned.  Here is the email that Harriet sent to me before she went to bed, "It began as a gentle ache around the abdomen where the lymphoma is and I thought, "I can handle this."  Then it just slowly got worse until I realized I was clenching my teeth.  I still hurt, but hopefully, the meds will kick in by morning."  So, what we've done is to reduce the Dilaudid.   Morphine tablet is taken every eight hours and between those pills, Harriet was taking one and a half Dilaudid pills.  So now she's going to cut back and take only one Dilaudid pill.  I think this is a more sensible approach.  Actually, I was surprised that the doctor wanted to reduce the pain medication so drastically.

That's it for now and I hope you have a great day!  Thank you so much for your love and prayers.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment