Sunday, October 19, 2014

Yesterday Was Good, but Today Will Be Better

Overall yesterday was a good day, there are still the ups and downs, but on the whole, it was a good day. I'm very thankful for these good days. Of course I'm hoping that Harriet will feel well enough to go to church this morning and praise the Lord!



Harriet's sister, Lee Ann, flew in from out of town yesterday and will be leaving on Monday. It is really nice to see her.

Something that Harriet reminded me the other evening when she said, "You need to be thankful for your good health every day". She was referring to me specifically, but I think that this applies to all of us. Sometimes we take our health for granted until we lose it. I know that when I was sidelined with back problems and in a wheelchair and we had to sell our home in Del Mar and downsize because I was not sure if I'd be able to walk and work again, it really makes you stop and think. Then one slowly your health returns, you really do appreciate it a lot more.

This morning I'm preaching and the title of the message is, "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us". God has given us great opportunities to learn and grow and be healthy spiritually and emotionally, if we follow his principles that God has provided for us in his Word. No, I'm not going to preach the message right now. But, I will tell you this, when you forgive others for their trespasses, it is for your benefit, not theirs.

We were going over the calendar yesterday evening and we have our oncologist appointment this coming Tuesday at 10:30 AM. I'm looking forward to that.

Again I want to thank you for all your positive comments on this blog that you give to Harriet and me. Also the cards and emails. I can tell you honestly that many times it brings tears to Harriet's eyes, because of the love that you share with us.

I hope that you'll be able to go to the house the Lord and praise him because he is worthy of all praise, glory and honor!

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment