Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Round Three This Week

Things went well for Harriet at the hospital yesterday.  The chemotherapy went as scheduled. I brought Harriet home from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  After a healthy meal, she rested.  She mentioned later on in the evening that after having a chemotherapy session, your body feels as though it's been used as a punching bag.  It's hard to imagine and I hope that you never have to go through it.

So the next four days we have a course of prednisone which according to the physicians, it actually works in tandem with the chemotherapy to enhance the drugs and help them do what they need to do for healing/killing the cancer.

Before I left to go to work, I put out Harriet 6 AM medications.  That way when she gets up she doesn't have to try and figure out what she supposed to take.  We have a list of each medication taken and when it's supposed to be administered.

The swelling seems to have come back to Harriet's feet, which is not a good sign.  I'm hoping that this round of chemotherapy will knock it out.

I've attached a photograph (I finally figured out how to do it, a couple of weeks late).  This was taken about two weeks ago, during the second cycle.  I mentioned in the blog post that I took Harriet for a drive to Mount Soladad, just so she could get out of the house.  This is the view looking North from Mount Soladad, La Jolla in the foreground and you can see Scripps pier, then Torrey Pines and so on.

I hope you have a great day.

Maranatha,
Frank and Harriet




No comments:

Post a Comment