Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ups and Downs

One thing that it has been consistent through this entire experience are the ups and downs.  One day good, then a couple of bad days.  Or it could be good in the morning and then by evening not so good.

Harriet finished her second cycle of chemotherapy/prednisone yesterday.  Harriet made an interesting comment yesterday afternoon, it's almost like she could feel the chemotherapy leaving her body or diminishing in intensity.  All drugs have a half-life and a point where the effectiveness diminishes.  From our experience it looks like it's about five days.

Something else that I must confess to you is that going through this experience and seeing the devastation caused by the disease and also by the "cure", I realize that I not been as sensitive to people that were going through this ordeal.  This experience that Harriet and I are going through, has cured me of that.

I do hope that you have a great weekend.  I'm hoping that Harriet feels well enough on Sunday morning to attend church.  It is extremely important to be positive in your outlook and there's no better way to do that, then to be in the house of the Lord and with your friends.

Maranatha,
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment