Thursday, August 13, 2015

8-14-15



It sure is a lot easier putting the dates up for a title, then having to think up a new one each day.

I'm actually writing this blog post on Thursday evening. It is been one week ago since Harriet went home to be with the Lord. The loneliness is very difficult because she was always here when I was here. She did everything that was necessary logistically speaking like shopping in the morning, so she would be here when I got home.

You know I've done many funerals for different friends and relatives of friends. I did the funeral service for my father when he died in 2008. My father was 94 years old and from the old country. I'll see if I can dig up a picture that was taken a few months before he died.

Okay, I found this picture which is one of my favorites because he's explaining some Bible passages to Harriet. This was taken in June 2008. My father died about 3 months later. I did put together the funeral service for my father but this one is much more difficult.

I've always taken a zillion pictures and I could probably do a 5 hour slideshow or longer, but I'm not planning on doing that. I will probably do less than a dozen pictures for Harriet's service. Everyone knows her and the type of person she is, so there's really no necessity of going over all that again. I've received many nice cards, emails and replies to the blog and they all have a common theme and that is how Harriet has touched this person's life in a real way. Which brings me to the point, we have the potential to help other people during their life if we choose. The question we need to ask ourselves is this: do we edify and build up people that we come in contact with? Something to ponder.

Maranatha,
Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment