Friday, August 7, 2015

8-6-15 Home with Jesus

It was a very difficult week. Just last weekend our daughter Sarah and her husband Hans were here visiting with us. Harriet was still up to spending time with them each day and with Joe, Hilda and the boys.

Her health deteriorated rapidly starting Monday. On Tuesday morning when I got up, she had a smile on her face and we talked. Sarah and Hans came over and told Sarah's mom goodbye because they're going back to Ohio. Tears were shed.

From that point on Harriet's health deteriorated rapidly and she was in tremendous amount of pain.  Hospice came out and along with them, doctors, nurses, social workers and more. I was giving Harriet pain medication almost hourly around-the-clock.

Ladies from our church came over in the morning and in the late afternoon to help with Harriet. By this time she already  was in the hospital bed that hospice has provided.

Thursday her condition continued to decline. Joe and Hilda came over on Thursday afternoon. About 15 minutes after they left, Harriet went home to be with the Lord.

I know that she is without pain and in a much better place now. The Bible says "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". Both Harriet and I believe in God's Word and we have the assurance that we will see her again.

The one thing that was very disappointing is that the governor has not signed Daniel's parole yet. Thereby missing the opportunity for Harriet to see Daniel one more time. I will continue to update this blog at least weekly on Saturday morning and give you any information I have concerning Daniel's homecoming.

Daniel asked me last week that if mom goes home to be with the Lord, would you be willing to wait and have the memorial service after I come home? I told him yes, if the governor signs your parole papers in a relatively timely manner. So I will keep you updated on that.

That's all for now. As you can imagine I miss Harriet terribly. This is the 1st time in 44 years that we been really a part.

With love,
Frank and Harriet



                                                  2013

No comments:

Post a Comment