Thursday, August 20, 2015

8-20-15 Pics of Daniel

I received a lot of questions concerning Daniel. So I thought I would answer the questions and give you some pictures.

The question most asked was, "What was his 1st meal"? We went to the Greek restaurant in Lakeside that serves the Gyro sandwiches. And he did a good job and taking care of business.I'm sure he's not eaten anything but flavorful for a long time. Then we had pizza for dinner.

 Daniel at about age 7, with shaving cream I put on his nose.
Joseph and Daniel about the time so that would make Joseph about 10 years old.

I had to include a picture of Harriet During the same time. So from left to right, it is me and then our good friend Lorraine Crumly and then Harriet with a hairstyle that you have not seen her in for a long time or maybe never.




Now we fast-forward to August 19, 2015. Breakfast at Lakeside Cafe, with Joseph, Hilda, the boys, Daniel and myself.

I wanted to give you an update on Daniel's transitional housing situation. Daniel met with his parole officer today and the guy was a very nice guy, but he told Daniel that he must do the transitional housing, it's not up to anyone to change that order. The transitional housing is for 6 month.

On the good side he does not have to report to transitional housing in Spring Valley until Monday by 11 AM. This means that he has the freedom to stay with me until that time. Of course all these things were so new to him and I must tell you something that's very interesting. He is fascinated by the colors in all the tree leaves! And I'm just talking about the different color greens in the various trees. You have to remember that he's been pretty much cloistered for 17 years and in his last prison, if he saw a tree it was in a distance and it was a palm tree and that's it.

I remember when I had my hip replacement and I was in the hospital for 3 days. I distinctly remember on the drive home commenting to Harriet how beautiful the trees are and the various colors and shades of green. Many times if not all the time we are so busy with life, we go through it at Warp Speed and we forget the beauty that is all around us.

Daniel will be coming to Bible class on Friday night and to church on Sunday morning. I hope that you'll be able to come and greet him.

He is at the optometrist right now getting a current prescription for contact lenses. There are so many different things that need to be taken care of. I'm so thankful for Joe and Hilda because they have shouldered much of the load. I have so much on my plate at this time. In preparation for Harriet's service which is a priority. So I am very thankful for both Joe and Hilda! I can't tell you how wonderful they are, because it's hard to explain all the support that their giving to Daniel and to me.

On another note, you will not want to miss tomorrow's blog. You're probably asking yourself why? Because I will reveal pictures never before seen by mere mortal men or women. They are pictures that we took on our 1st trip to Hawaii in 2001. Matter of fact, it was September 2001. Does that month and year ring a bell? September 10, 2001, the day that the United States was under attack by terrorists. We've had already planned our trip to to Hawaii and we were to leave on about September 21 if I remember correctly. Pretty much the majority of people canceled their flight reservations and we didn't. It was amazing, because compared to what we found out was normal, there was very few tourists.

By the way the service for Harriet will be at 11:00AM on Sept. 5th at Sonrise Community Church . The address is 8805 N. Magnolia, in Santee, CA

So, tomorrow you will get some pictures that not very many people have seen of Harriet. I know that when I get to heaven, she's gonna ask me why did you show those pics? You'll love them!

Thank You My Friends,

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment